If you’re looking for a new job, there are several positions starting to see a dramatic growth increase.
The Bureau of Labor Statistics recently analyzed the 20 occupations in the United States that are growing the fastest. The bureau not only released a list of the top 20 professions but also the jobs it expects to see the most amount of growth between now and 2026.
Worth noting: Just because a particular profession is seeing an increase in the number of positions it offers doesn’t mean there’s necessarily an increase in pay. Professions listed by the bureau include several lower-paying positions for laborers as well as a few high-paying professionals for skilled workers.
The position with the most growth is Solar Photovoltaic Installers, which the Bureau expects to see 110% growth from 2016-26. Also known as PV Installers, people in that position assemble, install, and maintain solar panel systems on rooftops or other structures. In 2017, the median pay for the position was $39,490, or $18.98 an hour. People in the position typically only need a high school diploma and moderate on-the-job training.
Here are the top 10 growing professions according to The Bureau of Labor Statistics along with the median salary associated with each:
- Solar photovoltaic installers – $39,490
- Wind turbine service technicians – $53,880
- Home health aides – $23,210
- Personal care aides – $23,100
- Physician assistants – $104,860
- Nurse practitioners – $103,880
- Statisticians – $84,060
- Physical therapist assistants – $57,430
- Software developers, applications – $101,790
- Mathematicians – $103,010